Monday, November 26, 2007

Conjunto Music and Its Influences


Conjunto music came from the influence of classic rock, and jazz, and also from blues. It started around here in South Texas, in the mid 1900’s. Conjunto music is different from other genres of music because most of the music is played with accordion. It is not my kind of music, I mostly listen to Texas Country, and older rock and roll. But it has a good beat to it but I just don’t understand the words from the songs. Conjunto music and the accordion has came along because of the way it is played and how the music sounds. The important insights I picked up from the video was where the music started at and how it started. I also learned about when it started and why it started. I also learned how the accordion is used in the music and what the music was about, and how it is a form of country music speaking in another since of language. It is just sang in another language, but it is basically country music sang in a Tejano way. But I learned a lot of information about the music and the type of music it is, but it is not my kind of music, because I don’t understand what they are saying. It was still fun to learn about the music of South Texas.

No comments: