Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wilson County Courthouse

The place I made a visit to, was the Wilson County Courthouse. This building has been standing on Main Street for many years. It has been there since the early 1930’s. It still has the bell in the bell tower at the top of the building. This building is located in downtown Floresville. It’s artistic structure is what caught my eye for this project, just how the court house looks and also how old the building itself is. The court house has a steeple, it kind of reminds me of a church with the steeple and the bell tower. In the court yard there is the old jail house which has some artistic features itself, it is a two story building that has a few jail cells in it. It is also a museum now. The court yard also has a peanut made out of some kind of rock with a plaque on the bottom of the peanut. Inside the court house it has been refinished, but is still looks the same that it did seventy years ago. This was a unique assingment, but it was kind of cool, I am not really into the artistic side, so therefore I am not interested in the artistic way of things. But I learned a lot about the history of the Wilson County Court House, and I also learned a lot about the old Wilson County Jail House. That is what interested me the most.

No comments: